A Cocoa client for Chef, replicating in a native OS X experience functionality from the Chef Server Web UI.
Apache License v2, see LICENSE.txt file.
In this initial version
- read-only access to a chef server. Write access is not far away, but the priority for this initial release was UI polish
- Exploring nodes, registrations, cookbooks (no template content for now due to a REST API limitation).
- Access to the search indexes
- Live filtering / matching in node and search results.
Planned for next version
- Saving search requests
- Read/Write support: changing attributes, tags and recipes
- Connecting to multiple chef servers
- MacRuby integration (testing cookbooks from Casserole ? pushing configs to the server ?)
- Support for the cookbooks role and metadata architecture when it's available
- Better integration with present and future Chef awesomeness
Mac OS X 10.5 and a Chef Server installation somewhere (0.6.2 only)
Building from Source
Open Casserole.xcodeproj and build, or use xcodebuild in command-line.
Feel free to use the github issue tracker, or send email to email@example.com
Olivier Gutknecht, Fotonauts - firstname.lastname@example.org