Spree Neighbors, is an extension of spree e-commerce platform. It depends of Spree Location project, and it provides spree's products with another way of relating them, the "near" product relation.
###Important Note The Spree Neighbors project is a work in progress, and will suffer major changes. Please use it and keep a live feedback with the team by opening a GitHub issue.
Rails and Spree
Spree Neighbors now requires Rails version >= 4.0 and a Spree version >=2.1.
Spree Neighbors now requires a Spree Location version >=2.1.
Spree Neighbors is not yet distributed as a gem, so it should be used in your app with a git reference or you can download the source and build the gem on your own.
- Add the following to your Gemfile
gem 'spree_neighbors’, :git => 'https://github.com/openjaf/spree_neighbors.git', :branch => 'master'
To copy and apply migrations run:
rails g spree_neighbors:install
- Adds a new property to products, the neighbors, or near products.
- Adds a way to relate products by the distance between them.
- Allows to control wich items will be marked as close to each other, a way to control haow many will be shown and a way to sort them.
- Shows a map with the location of the related products, and a list beneath with links to those related.
How to use it
After installing the extensions go to admin/products and from the products list, select one of the products and a link will appear on the bar on the right side of the view with the text NEIGHBORS.
All the configurations to show product neighbors are shown in this view:
- How many neighbors will be shown
- How far will be considered a neighbor
- On wich criteria, the neighbors will be ordered.
- If a neighbor will be considered if it haves certain property.
- Add neighbors manually to the list.
The map resulting of this configuration will be showed on the product details view, centered between all the neighbors:
If you'd like to contribute a feature or bugfix: Thanks! To make sure your fix/feature has a high chance of being included, please read the following guidelines:
Copyright © 2013 OpenJAF, released under the New BSD License.