Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- oragono-0.12.0-checksums.txt 989 Bytes
- oragono-0.12.0-freebsd-i386.tar.gz 3.5 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-freebsd-x64.tar.gz 3.66 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-linux-arm64.tar.gz 3.35 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-linux-armv6.tar.gz 3.43 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-linux-armv7.tar.gz 3.43 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-linux-i386.tar.gz 3.5 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-linux-x64.tar.gz 3.66 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-osx-x64.tar.gz 3.83 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-windows-i386.zip 3.49 MB
- oragono-0.12.0-windows-x64.zip 3.67 MB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
There's been a host of changes in the past six months, and this Halloween release has a number of very useful improvements.
For example, passwords are now hashed in a much better way than we did it before (jlatt's original method back from Ergonomadic was the right way to do things), the database now auto-upgrades for you when it detects a new version, thanks to Slingamn we now have vhosts, and there's been a ton of rewrites under-the-hood to improve stability and performance.
If you have any trouble with this release, please let us know with an issue on our tracker, or by talking to us in
#oragono on Freenode.
allow-multiple-per-connectionkey removed from
autoupgradekey added under
datastore, specifying whether to upgrade to new database versions automatically.
bcrypt-costkey added under
accounts, to control how strongly account passwords are hashed.
stackimpactsection removed from
unix-bind-modekey added under
server, controlling the bind mode used for unix listening sockets.
vhostssection added under
accounts, configuring our new vhost support.
- new oper capabilities
- Password hashing has been improved (with current passwords being automatically upgraded to use the new method).
- Various crashes have been resolved.
- Added database auto-upgrades.
- Added new subcommands to
AMODEto allow setting persistent channel modes for users.
DROPto unregister a channel.
- Added vhosts (virtual/vanity hosts), controlled via
NickServnow show in their help output when commands have been disabled.
- Channel keys and modes are now stored for registered channels.
- Client capability handling rewritten under-the-hood.
- Disabled services commands now show as disabled (rather than being completely hidden).
- Many under-the-hood optimisations (thanks @slingamn!).
- Rehashing is now more consistent and safe.
- Removed StackImpact debug support, as we don't find it useful these days.
LUSERSto make it display correct client count and output correct params (thanks @moortens!.
PROXYsupport for IPv6 clients.
SAMODEcrash when using it on a channel you're not joined to.
RPL_WHOISACCOUNTis now sent correctly.
- Fixed fakelag timing to better match expected values.
- Fixed issue where incoming and outgoing private messages were being incorrectly modified (a space was being added to the end) due to a bug with our protocol handling.
- Fixed password hashing method, with existing passwords being auto-upgraded to use the new method.