Trapunto is a "live" Clojure/ClojureScript/Quil/Processing image generation client & server. Write code that resembles Clojure and Quil on the left, get a rendered image on the right in a decent amount of time. Something like that.
Why Trapunto? It's a method of quilting, and thus acts as a metaphor for this type of image creation, as well as being a pun on the library Quil that is being used.
After cloning the repository, run
lein depsto install dependencies
lein cljsbuild onceto build the ClojureScript stuff
lein ring serverto build and run the Clojure server
Possible Future Development
Roughly in order of importance:
- Clojail for safe code execution
- Better (or any) error messages to the client
- Websockets instead of polling
- Better design in general
- Ability to save and display images, as well as the code associated with them
- Image uploading to use patterns in the program
- Ability to define functions for recurring patterns which could be used by others
Copyright (C) 2012 oskarth & S714726
Distributed under the Eclipse Public License, the same as Clojure.