This extension improves the threaded summary for emails in Thunderbird. It vastly improves the UI by including some ideas from GMail. More specifically:
- your own messages are displayed in the thread,
- you initially see summaries, they can be expanded to display full messages,
- quoted sections are collapsed à la GMail,
- fast links for replying (and possibly other useful actions),
- you can reply inline (through a "quick reply" feature).
For screenshots and a stable version, please head to AMO which should provide you with a ready-to-install package.
If you want to leave some feedback, we have a thread on Google Groups.
If you just want to start hacking, see MDC to learn how to use a proxy file. If you want to package a release, follow these steps.
- Download the zip archive or clone the repository
- Change into the main folder, run
git submodule initand
git submodule update
npm run build
This will package an
.xpi file of the latest codebase which can be installed via add-on manager in Thunderbird.
Please note that the latest
thunderbird-conversations-builds are sometimes only compatible with the
Daily-version of Thunderbird. You can build this from source or get a pre-built binary at http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-comm-central/.
To run the tests:
$ npm test