This extension improves the threaded summary for emails in Thunderbird. It vastly improves the UI by including some ideas from GMail. More specifically:
- your own messages are displayed in the thread,
- you initially see summaries, they can be expanded to display full messages,
- quoted sections are collapsed à la GMail,
- fast links for replying (and possibly other useful actions),
- you can reply inline (through a "quick reply" feature).
For screenshots and a stable version, please head to AMO which should provide you with a ready-to-install package.
The master branch of
thunderbird-conversations is sometimes only compatible with the
Daily-version of Thunderbird (sometimes it won't be, but we'll welcome pull requests to fix that). You can build this from source or get a pre-built binary at https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-comm-central/.
Each major release typically has a release branch for that release (e.g. 2.14+). All pull requests should be against the master branch, we may transplant them after landing to the release if we want them on the release branch.
- Clone the repository
- Change into the main folder, run
git submodule initand
git submodule update
npm run build
This will package an
.xpi file of the latest codebase which can be installed via add-on manager in Thunderbird (hint: you can drag & drop it onto the add-on manager view).
To run the tests:
$ npm test
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md.
Please see LICENSE.