QGIS Plugins application
Author: Alessandro Pasotti (www.itopen.it)
The Plugin model
The plugin model represents a QGIS plugin and holds general informations such as title and description and icon.
The plugin can have zero or more owners, owners have the same permissions of the original plugin creator.
These rules have been implemented:
- every registered user can add a new plugin
- staff users can approve or disapprove all plugin versions
- users which have the special permission plugins.can_approve get the versions they upload automatically approved
- users which have the special permission plugins.can_approve can approve versions uploaded by others as long as they are in the list of the plugin owners
- a particular plugin can be deleted and edited only by staff users and plugin owners
- if a user without plugins.can_approve permission uploads a new version, the plugin version is automatically unapproved.
Staff members can grant trust to selected plugin creators setting plugins.can_approve permission through the front-end application.
The plugin details view offers direct links to grant trust to the plugin creator or the plugin owners.
The PluginVersion model
Each plugin can have several versions, a version specify the minimum QGIS version needed in order to run that particular plugin version and other informations such as if the version belongs to the "stable" o to the "experimental" branch.
The validation takes place in the PluginVersions forms, at loading time, the compressed file is checked for:
- file size <= PLUGIN_MAX_UPLOAD_SIZE
- zip contains __init__.py in first level dir
- __init__.py must contain valid metadata
- version must be unique whithin a plugin
- there must be one and only last versions in each plugin's branch
At the time of plugin creation, the name of the folder inside the compressed file is stored in the variable package_name, this value must be unique and cannot be changed. package_name is also used to build SEF URLs, for example the plugin's page for the plugin Hello World Plugin with package_name HelloWorld is http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/HelloWorld/
The package_name (and hence the first level folder inside the compressed zip file) cannot contain only ASCI letters (A-Z and a-z), digits and the characters underscore (_) and minus (-) and cannot start with a digit.
Example from the HelloWorld plugin compressed zip file:
Archive: plugins/tests/HelloWorld/HelloWorld_1.2.zip Length Date Time Name --------- ---------- ----- ---- 0 2011-11-13 15:05 HelloWorld/ 1304 2011-11-13 12:40 HelloWorld/icon.png 374 2011-11-13 15:05 HelloWorld/metadata.txt 1094 2011-11-13 12:40 HelloWorld/HelloWorld.py 396 2011-11-13 12:40 HelloWorld/__init__.py --------- ------- 3168 5 files
You can find detailed informations about metadata in the PyQGIS developer cookbook
All values can be overridden in settings.py
||used in email notifications|
|PLUGIN_REQUIRED_METADATA||||used in validator|
|PLUGIN_OPTIONAL_METADATA||||used in validator|
Plugins XML is available at http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml
- accepted parameters:
- qgis: qgis version
- stable_only: 0/1, default to 0
|||'name', 'description', 'version', 'qgisMinimumVersion'|
|||Supported by metadata.txt only: 'homepage', 'changelog', 'tracker', 'repository', 'tags'|