k3s v0.10.0 provides several big enhancements. A huge thank you to the community for your support and involvement!
The kubelet directory has changed to
/var/lib/kubelet/, if using CSI plugins your configuration should be updated to reflect the new kubelet path (CSI plugins are not used in default installs).
You may continue to see old artifacts in
/var/lib/rancher/k3s/agent/kubelet/pods/ if upgrading, those files may be safely removed after a node reboot.
- Bump containerd/cri version to fix an issue with some images that do not set the PATH [#931]
Features and Enhancements
- Update to Kubernetes v1.16.2 which resolves CVE-2019-11253 [changelog]
- Add support for IPSEC and WireGuard [#50] - Provides a
--flannel-backendflag for selecting
vxlanis currently the default.
- Add default storage class [#85] - Deploys local-path-provisioner by default, which can be disabled by using the
- Add certificate rotation [#804] - Certificates are automatically rotated on k3s start if they are 90 or less days from expiry.
- Add support for setting external IP of a node [#534] - Provides an agent
--node-external-ipflag to manually set an external ip.
- Enable Hairpin mode [#582] - Allows a kubernetes service to connect to itself.
- Process subdirectories for manifests [#892] - Search all files under
- Allow comma-separated values for the
--no-deployflag [#851] - Allows for multiple no-deploy values, for example:
- Kubelet directory now defaults to
/var/lib/kubelet[#840] - Provide a better default for CSI plugins, changing from
- Adds network policy support [#640] - Runs a network policy controller by default, which can be disabled with the server