Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
rippled 0.31.0 has been released.
You can update to the new version on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or CentOS 7 using yum.
For other platforms, please compile the new version from source. Use the
git log command to confirm you have the correct source tree. The first log entry should be the change setting the version:
commit a5d58566386fd86ae4c816c82085fe242b255d2c Author: Nik Bougalis <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Sun Apr 17 18:02:02 2016 -0700 Set version to 0.31.0
Please expect a one-time delay when starting 0.31.0 while certain database indices are being built or rebuilt. The delay can be up to five minutes, during which CPU will spike and the server will appear unresponsive (no response to RPC, etc.).
rippled 0.31.0 now checks at start-up time that it has sufficient open file descriptors available, and shuts down with an error message if it does not. Previous versions of
rippled could run out of file descriptors unexpectedly during operation. If you get a file-descriptor error message, increase the number of file descriptors available to
rippled (for example, editing
/etc/security/limits.conf) and restart.
New and Updated Features
rippled 0.31.0 has the following new or updated features:
- (New) Amendments - A consensus-based system for introducing changes to transaction processing.
- (New) Multi-Signing - (To be enabled as an amendment) Allow transactions to be authorized by a list of signatures. (RIPD-182)
- (New) Transaction queue and FeeEscalation - (To be enabled as an amendment) Include or defer transactions based on the transaction cost offered, for better behavior in DDoS conditions. (RIPD-598)
- (Updated) Validations subscription stream now includes
- (Updated) You can request SignerList information in the
rippled 0.31.0 has the following fixes and improvements:
- Improve held transaction submission
- Update SQLite from 22.214.171.124 to 3.11.0
- Allow random seed with specified wallet_propose key_type (RIPD-1030)
- Limit pathfinding source currency limits (RIPD-1062)
- Speed up out of order transaction processing (RIPD-239)
- Pathfinding optimizations
- Streamlined UNL/validator list: The new code removes the ability to specify domain names in the [validators] configuration block, and no longer supports the [validators_site] option.
- Add websocket client
- Add description of rpcSENDMAX_MALFORMED error
- Convert PathRequest to use std::chrono (RIPD-1069)
- Improve compile-time OpenSSL version check
- Clear old Validations during online delete (RIPD-870)
- Return correct error code during unfunded offer cross (RIPD-1082)
- Report delivered_amount for legacy account_tx queries.
- Improve error message when signing fails (RIPD-1066)
- Fix websocket deadlock