Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Release Announcement for PHPUnit 5.2.0
The PHPUnit development team announces the immediate availability of PHPUnit 5.2.0. This release adds new features and fixes bugs. A detailed list of changes is available here.
- A test that does not execute the code it wants to test (as expressed using the
@coversannotation) can now be optionally marked as risky
- A test that performs an assertion on a test double can now be optionally marked as risky
PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase::expectExceptionMessageRegExp()methods have been added for programmatically setting expectations for exceptions
@requiresannotation now supports PHP extension versions
- The annotations that control the ignoring of code coverage can now be disabled
PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase::setExpectedException()method has been deprecated
checkForUnintentionallyCoveredCodeconfiguration setting has been deprecated (use
mapTestClassNameToCoveredClassNameconfiguration setting has been removed
Obtaining PHPUnit 5.2
Alternatively, you may use Composer to download and install PHPUnit as well as its dependencies.
PHPUnit 5.2 requires PHP 5.6; using the latest version of PHP is highly recommended. The documentation has a detailed list of the PHP extensions that are required to use PHPUnit.
The goal of our release process is to deliver new features into the hands of our users every two months. The following releases are currently in development:
- PHPUnit 5.3 is the current beta release series of PHPUnit. It will become stable on April 1, 2016.
- PHPUnit 5.4 is the current alpha release series of PHPUnit. It will become stable on June 3, 2016.
PHPUnit 6, which is scheduled for February 3, 2017, will no longer support PHP 5. As PHPUnit follows Semantic Versioning the major version number must be incremented when the minimum required version of PHP is increased.
Support for PHPUnit 5
Following our release process, PHPUnit 5 will receive bug fixes until February 2, 2018.