Unxmaal and onre have worked together to give us a nice and easy method to crosscompile programs for IRIX. Unxmaal's "compilertron" utilizes a patched GCC 4.7.4 in order to build a nice crosscompilation environment in a Vagrant Debian virtual machine.
Crosscompilation brings a number of advantages including vastly improved compilation times.
Setting up compilertron
- Make sure you have Vagrant, Virtualbox, and Git
- Clone Unxmaal's compilertron repo -
git clone https://github.com/unxmaal/compilertron
- Go into the directory and run
vagrant up- the magic of Vagrant will provision the virtual machine for you!
- After everything is completed, you can access the virtual machine by running
sudo -ito root
- root bashrc: You might want to make a .bashrc for root in order to set the proper PATH, CC, and CXX variables. Here is an example:
export PATH=/opt/binutils/bin:/opt/gcc/bin:$PATH export CC=mips-sgi-irix6.5-gcc export CXX=mips-sgi-irix6.5-g++
- Congratulations - you should now have a basic crosscompilation environment set up!