In the latest 2017 EAP release, RubyMine finally supports RuboCop.
RuboCop for RubyMine
This is a simple RubyMine/IDEA plugin that integrates RuboCop as a linter for your Ruby projects.
- Download the .zip
- Got to the Plugins-Settings in your IDE (IDEA/RubyMine).
- Click "Install plugins from disk..."
- Select the ZIP
- Restart the IDE
- Wait a few seconds for the IDE to load and give Rubocop some time to inspect the current file.
- Hover your mouse over highlighted issues to see the warning/error message.
- You have to save a file to trigger re-validation of your file.
- Make sure that you added a
.rubocop.ymlto the root of your project.
- If you use
bundleryou have to include
If it still doesn't work...
Important I will happily merge pull-requests but can't and won't do free support.
State of Development
I'm not working on this project. This is more of a proof-of-concept and works for me(tm). Feel free to fork it and maybe send a Pull-Request once you added something meaningful.
RuboCop for RubyMine is released under the MIT license.