Visually communicate a message or action with text, images, and shapes through the World Wide Web.
Beginning Web Design
- Follow the Visual Design trail map
Intermediate Web Design
- Read A Practical Guide to Designing for the Web
- Read A Dao of Web Design
- Read Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- Skim through Designing With Web Standards
- Read Understanding Web Design
You should be able to
- Apply basic design principles to the web.
- Create hierarchy within the design and type.
- Design a layout that is flexible and changes based on screen size.
- Understand the challenges and differences for designing for the web.
- Understand what goes into building an HTML page with CSS.
- Know that your design will look different in every browser on every machine.
Advanced Web Design
- Read Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems to understand how to run a adhoc usability test.
- Read The Design of Everyday Things to see how other people have already applied user experience to real world products.
- Read through all of the weeks of 52 Weeks of UX