A minimal, single page, smooth scrolling theme for Hugo.
- Single scrolling home page
- About section with profile photo
- Contact section with option to show your local timezone
- Optional Projects and Blog sections
- Light and Dark themes
- Browser friendly CSS fade-in effect for some pizzaz
- Smooth scroll-to-section navigation
- Responsive and fast
Get the theme
From the root of your Hugo site:
$ cd themes $ git clone https://github.com/vickylai/hugo-theme-introduction.git introduction
Configure your site
From the exampleSite, copy
config.toml to the root folder of your Hugo site and change the fields as you like.
- Set your baseurl to your site's domain
- Set your blog's title and your first name
- Set your introduction header height (use "medium", "large", or "fullheight")
- Choose "light" or "dark" theme
- Set your avatar image
- Set your timezone, if you choose to show it
- Choose whether or not to show the Blog and Projects sections, and configure them to your liking
- Input your social site urls and font-awesome icon names - use as many as you like
Create About and Contact pages
$ hugo new about.md $ hugo new contact.md
Then edit the markdown files with the content you'd like shown in your main page's About and Contact sections.
Preview your site locally
Use Hugo's built-in server to see your site in action as you make changes.
$ hugo serve -t introduction
localhost:1313 in your browser to see a live preview of your site.
To create a new blog post, run:
$ hugo new blog/your-post-title.md
To create a new project entry, run:
$ hugo new projects/your-project-name.md
Project front matter
Project parameters look like this:
--- title: "Design" date: 2017-11-13T12:21:16-05:00 image: "img/plant.jpg" external_link: "" weight: 2 ---
Projects are ordered on the main page by
weight first, then by
image will show up on the main page and in the project's details view. If you don't specify an image, the
placeholderimg from your site's
config.toml file will be used.
If you don't specify a
title, only the photo will show. You can still add content to the file to "caption" the image, and this will show in the popup. (Great way to create a simple gallery!)
If you leave
external_link empty, clicking on a project on your main page will pop up a window with the project's details. If you specify a url instead, clicking on the project on your main page will take you to that url.
Pull requests for bug fixes and suggestions are welcome.
Contributors are listed in CHANGELOG.md. Thank you so much!
Copyright (C) 2018 Vicky Lai
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.