000 - Packages
Since Yii 3 framework is divided into several packages with the following agreements.
For all packages GitHub repository name exactly matches Packagist package name.
For a full list of packages and their build statuses see status page at yiiframework.com.
Yii-specific packages (Yii Framework and Extensions)
yiisoft/yii-somethingor more specific:
- and so on
- titled as "Yii Framework ..."
- may have any dependencies and Yii-specific code
General purpose packages (Libraries)
- can be used outside of Yii Framework
- named as
- titled as "Yii ..."
- must not have dependencies on any Yii-specific packages
- should have as fewer dependencies as possible
Configs and defaults
The following applies to both Yii-specific packages and general purpose packages:
- Package may have
configdirectory with Yii-specific defaults.
- Package may have "config-plugin" in "extra" section of
- Package must not have dependencies in
composer.jsonthat are used in
- Parameters should be namespaced with
return [ 'vendor/package-name' => [ 'param1' => 1, 'param2' => 2, ], ];
All packages are versioned according to SemVer:
x.*.*- incompatible API changes.
*.x.*- add functionality (backwards-compatible).
*.*.x- bug fixes (backwards-compatible).
First stable version should be 1.0.0.
PHP versions support
Initial release is meant to support PHP 7.4+. We may drop old version support in a major release.