File Owner Extension
NOTICE - We have deprecated this extension from the Visual Studio Marketplace. The extension will continue to serve as an open source solution and sample extension on GitHub.
This extension allows users to quickly and easily determine ownership of a file. Given a file, this extension returns the following:
- Name of file
- Size of file
- File created by
- Initial checkin comments
- Commit Id/Changeset Id
- Current owner of the file
- Suggested owners
- Person who made the most contributions to the file
- Person who recently reviewed the file
- Person who made the most contributions to the files in the same folder
This extension works with both Git and TFVC repositories.
Quick steps to get started
Browse to the Web portal and select the Code hub. Then select the Code Explorer
Using the tree on the right hand side, browse to the folder you want and then right click the file in the main pane and select File owner
This will bring up the File Owners dialog box. Select the file owner from the current owner drop down and click the Close button
We thank the following contributors for this extension: Abel Wang, Wouter de Kort and Mikael Krief.
Notices for certain third party software included in this solution are provided here: Third Party Notice.
Contributions to File Owner are welcome. Here is how you can contribute:
- Submit bugs and help us verify fixes
- Submit pull requests for bug fixes and features and discuss existing proposals