A professional ASP.NET MVC template for building secure, fast, robust and adaptable web applications or sites. It provides the minimum amount of code required on top of the default MVC template provided by Microsoft. Find out more at RehanSaeed.com, the Visual Studio Gallery or at The Open Web Security Project (OWASP). You can also follow me on Twitter at @RehanSaeedUK.
Why Do I Need It?
The default MVC template that Visual Studio gives you does not make best use of the tools available. It's insecure, slow, and really has a very basic feature list (That's the point of it). ASP.NET MVC Boilerplate provides you with a few more pieces of the puzzle to get you started quicker. It makes liberal use of comments and even gives you a checklist of tasks which you need to perform to make it even better. The main benefits of using this template are:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Browser Compatibility
- Resilience and Error Handling
- Easier Debugging and Performance Testing Tools
- Patterns and Practices
- Atom Feed
- Social Media Support
Both ASP.NET 4.6 MVC 5 and ASP.NET Core MVC 6 are supported with their own project templates.
The ASP.NET Core MVC 6 project template contains the following features:
Feature Selection Wizard
The ASP.NET Core MVC 6 project template comes with a feature selection wizard where literally everything can be turned on or off with the click of a button for a truly personalized project.
The ASP.NET 4.6 MVC 5 project template contains the following features:
How Can I Get It?
|Visual Studio Extension (VSIX)||Install extension, then create project.|
|Visual Studio Extension (VSIX)||Follow instructions to add feed to Visual Studio.|
|Git Clone||Clone the git repository.||
Release Notes & To-Do List
Sites Built Using The Template
Add your site here, just raise an issue.
Contributions and Thanks
- VeXHarbinger - Updated Twitter cards.
- michalstanko - Added Czech and Slovak characters to the FriendlyUrlHelper.
- miroslavpopovic - Small fix to SiteMapGenerator.
- Matthew-Bonner - Fix removal of trailing slash for manifest.json.
- Abuson - Two MVC 6 fixes to do with error pages.
- Shiney - Fixed typo.
- ChrisOMetz - ASP.NET Core LESS feature.
- mcliment - Updated template to ASP.NET Core RC 1.
- surfsflo - Added woff2 support for Font Awesome.