- how to start a repo from scratch?
git initlocal method
- on GitHub
git cloneand either
git push --forceor
- how to undo mistakes?
git revertvs. …
git resetvs. …
git reset --hardvs. …
git restore(experimental command!)
- reparenting (Changing the parent (starting) commit upon which a series of commits is built)
- history modification (fixing or deleting broken commits or changing the order in which commits are applied)
- how to go to a specific point in history?
git checkout SHA⟶
- interaction with branches
git gui: building commits along the way interactively (for the mess around type of workflows)
The Open Source model
- GitHub: forks, branches and PRs
- strategies for keeping your fork up-to-date:
- talking about PRs: what about CI? Some concepts
- a more thorough and deailed explanation can be found on the Numpy Contributor's Guide. This guide can be adapted to your own needs, see gitwash.