Tool to quickly and easily switch between various user-defined F1Graphics.cfg files.
Program name: F1 Graphics Swapper
Date: 28th October 2015
Build Time (Version): ~ 3.0 Hours
Build Time (Total): ~ 6.5 Hours
Licenses: GNU General Public License v3 & GrandPrixGames.org permission policy.
What it does:
- Allows the user to quickly and easily switch between different f1graphics.cfg files in their GP4 directory.
- .NET Framework 4
Have multiple f1graphics.cfg files in your GP4 directory. (Eg 'High.cfg', 'Normal.cfg' & 'Low.cfg')
Run 'F1 Graphics Swapper.exe' from anywhere on your PC.
Find your GP4 Installation using the 'GP4 Location...' button.
Select the desired .cfg from the combo box.
When you select a location using the 'GP4 Location' button, that location is stored in the settings.ini file.
(Generated automatically if it doesn't already exist.)
This means that you don't have to select your GP4 Location every time.
28th October 2015 - 2.0 Release:
- Complete program rebuild after source was lost (along with many other things) in a HDD crash at the end of August.
- Compatible with v1.1 .ini files.
- Written as a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) program, rather than the old Windows Forms (WinForms).
- WPF is, by all accounts, better than WinForms for a variety of reasons and I decided that this was a good time to learn it, though this came at the cost of adding some time to this build.
31st July 2015 - 1.1 Release:
- GP4 Directory now stored in settings.ini so that the location is remembered between sessions.
- Put together a small video demonstrating its use.
6th April 2015 - 1.0 Release.
There is, naturally, no guarantee that this won't break something. As such, you use this at your own risk; I've done all I can to make sure everything will be OK, but computers are fickle beasts.
All the people who've kept GP4 alive these many years.
Smart Arab, for the INI reading functionality: http://www.smart-arab.com/2013/05/using-ini-file-with-c/
"Always you shall be in the front rank, a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends.
Yours is a restless life, and never shall you know peace, though you shall be blessed for the peace that you bring to others.
Take comfort in the fact that, though you stand tall and alone, others take shelter in the shadow that you cast."