This open source project is for my book Build Blog With Wagtail CMS
You can support my work by purchasing the ebook
Other books written by me
- The Definitive Guide to Next.js and Wagtail
- Build SPA with React and Wagtail
- The Definitive Guide to Hotwire and Django
This book will teach you how to build a modern blog with
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Docker Composeto do development
python-webpack-boilerplateto jump start frontend project bundled by Webpack.
Tailwind CSSas the style solution.
Stimulus, understand how it works and write Stimulus controllers.
- Learn how
Dark Modeworks in Tailwind CSS and use Stimulus controller to toggle the dark mode.
- Understand the benefit of the healthy Stimulus ecosystem by reusing 3-party Stimulus controller.
- Create blog models to work with Wagtail.
Django shellto debug, test code and check data in terminal.
- Learn to use
Dateto the post url.
Paginationcomponent and correctly handle querystring.
- Make the blog supports writing in
- Create contact page using Wagtail
- Build menu, meta tags, sitemap, robots.txt for better SEO.
- Build comment system based on
Emojisupport to the comment form.
- Deploy the production app to DigitalOcean
- Python 3.10
- Django 4
- Wagtail 4
- Stimulus 3
- Tailwind CSS 3
How to run on local
$ git clone https://github.com/AccordBox/wagtail-tailwind-blog $ cd wagtail-tailwind-blog
First, let's build frontend assets, please make sure
node is available.
$ node -v # install dependency packages $ npm install # launch webpack dev server and keep it running $ npm run watch
You need Docker and Docker Compose and you can install it here Get Docker
# build and launch app $ docker-compose up --build
Now open a new terminal to import data and change password.
$ docker-compose exec web python manage.py load_initial_data $ docker-compose exec web python manage.py changepassword admin
Now you can check on
The demo is also online if you want to check.