AppDynamics Kubernetes Events Monitor Extension
This extension works only with the standalone machine agent.
Monitor Metrics provided by the Kubernetes Events API and let them report into the AppDynamics Analytics Events.
- This extension requires the Java Machine Agent
- The AppDynamics platform needs the Events Service set up
- You will need one or more Transaction Analytics/APM Peak licenses to consume the data
Either Download the Extension from the latest Github release or Build from Source.
- Deploy the
KubernetesEventsMonitor-<VERSION>.zipfile into the
<machine agent home>/monitorsdirectory.
> unzip KubernetesEventsMonitor-<VERSION>.zip -d <machine agent home>/monitors/
- Set up
config.yml. At minimum this is:
# Path to your kubectl Client configuration kubeClientConfig: "$HOME/.kube/config" # Events API Key obtained from AppDynamics --> Analytics --> Configuration API Keys --> Add # The API Key you create needs to be able to Manage and Publish Custom Analytics Events eventsApiKey: "" # Global Account Name obtained from # AppDynamics --> Settings --> License --> Accounts --> Global Account Name accountName: ""
- Restart the Machine Agent.
Build from Source
- Clone this repository
mvn -DskipTests clean install
KubernetesEventsMonitor-<VERSION>.zipfile can be found in the
|src/main/resources/config||Contains monitor.xml and config.yml|
|src/main/java||Contains source code for the Kubernetes Events monitoring extension|
|src/test/java||Contains test code for the Kubernetes Events monitoring extension|
|target||Only obtained when using maven. Run 'maven clean install' to get the distributable .zip file.|
|pom.xml||maven build script to package the project (required only if changing Java code)|
Always feel free to fork and contribute any changes directly via GitHub.
- Verify Machine Agent Data: Please start the Machine Agent without the extension and make sure that it reports data. Verify that the machine agent status is UP and it is reporting Hardware Metrics.
- config.yml: Validate the file here
- Check Logs: There could be some obvious errors in the machine agent logs. Please take a look.
The config cannot be nullerror. This usually happenes when on a windows machine in monitor.xml you give config.yaml file path with linux file path separator /. Use Windows file path separator ** e.g. monitors\Monitor\config.yaml. For Windows, please specify the complete path
- Collect Debug Logs: Edit the file, /conf/logging/log4j.xml and update the level of the appender com.appdynamics and com.singularity to debug. Let it run for 5-10 minutes and attach the logs to a support ticket.
For any questions or feature request, please contact AppDynamics Center of Excellence.