brought to you as libre software with joy and pride by Artificial Engineering.
Support our libre Bot Cloud via BTC 1CamMuvrFU1QAMebPoDsL3JrioVDoxezY2.
Work-in-Progress (aka alpha)
These are the things that we are currently working on:
- The lychee.js Editor is currently being refactored until the 2016-Q3 release.
- The lychee.js Guide is subject to change (to integrate the Editor).
- The lychee.js Strainer is being refactored until the 2016-Q4 release.
- The lychee.js CARTEL (AI implementation) is being refactored until the 2016-Q4 release.
The lychee.js Project started in 2012 and is in active development. The following Repositories are related to the lychee.js Engine:
- lychee.js CARTEL contains all academic work related to the CARTEL/ES-HyperNEAT concept (WIP).
- lychee.js Guide contains architecture explanations and concept documentations (WIP).
- lychee.js Runtime contains all pre-compiled lychee.js Runtimes and Fertilizers.
- lychee.js Library contains the lychee.js Library (installable via
- lychee.js Harvester contains the lychee.js Harvester (forked from
- lychee.js Website contains the lychee.js Website (hosted at https://lychee.js.org).
- lychee.js Bundle generates the OS-ready lychee.js Bundles (published at releases section).
- lychee.js Future contains all Concepts and Ideas not yet finished.
The following Accounts are related to the lychee.js Engine:
- @cookiengineer is the core maintainer and founder of this project.
- @humansneednotapply is the account used by our software bots.
lychee.js is a Next-Gen Isomorphic Application Engine that offers a complete solution for prototyping, development, maintenance and deployment of applications. The underlying technology stack does not matter (HTML5, WebGL, OpenGL, OpenGLES, libSDL) and is completely automated behind the scenes.
The lychee.js Engine aims to deliver Total Automation through Artificial Intelligence and better Software Architecture.
Here is a selected subset of Features that the lychee.js Engine already covers and delivers. Everything listed here requires zero lines of code overhead and is already fully integrated in the lychee.js Boilerplate:
- Isomorphic Application Engine (runs pretty much everywhere)
- Automated Code Refactoring, Bug Fixing and Code Improvements
- Automated Design Tracking, Layout and Flow Optimization
- Automated Packaging for Embedded, Console, Mobile, Desktop and Server Apps
- Automated Deployment via git and Live-Updates
- Automated Reactive/Responsive UI/UX Components
- Automated Debugging, Network and UI/UX Flow Analysis
- Automated Testing and Integration with the AI
- Automated Networking (Peer-to-Peer HTTP1.1/2.0 and WS13 with Local/Global Discovery)
- Automated Network Services and Traffic Balancing/Sharding
- Graphical Editor and Project Management Tool (Ranger)
- Command-Line Wizard for Projects and Libraries (Breeder)
- Command-Line Fuzz-Tester and Code-Refactorer (Strainer)
- Built-In Offline Storage Management and Synchronization
Every (not sandboxed) lychee.js Harvester is connected to the lychee.js Peer Cloud and is contributing to the evolutionary AI's knowledge and improves its capabilities for all others.
The lychee.js Engine uses CARTEL/ES-HyperNEAT as an evolutionary AI that is connected to a Botnet of lychee.js Harvesters. Each and every Definition written in lychee.js contributes to the AI so that it can predict, suggest and improve all other Projects.
The development process is optimized for Blink-based web browsers (Chromium, Google Chrome, Opera) and their developer tools. We honestly recommend NOT using Firefox due to lack of developer and debugging tools nor has it any remote debugging protocol.
We ain't doing HTML5 websites or single-page-webapps here. This is an isomorphic application engine, not a framework.
Platform / Fertilizer Support
The target platforms are described as so-called Fertilizers.
Those Fertilizers cross-compile everything automagically
using a serialized
lychee.Environment that is setup in
each project's or library's
|GNU/Linux||html-nwjs, node, node-sdl||bin||x||x||x|
|OSX||html-nwjs, node, node-sdl||app, bin||x|
|Windows||html-nwjs, node, node-sdl||exe||x||x|
|Android||html-webview, node, node-sdl||apk, bin||x||x||x|
|BlackberryOS||html-webview, node, node-sdl||apk, bin||x||x||x|
|Ubuntu Touch||html-webview, node||deb, bin||x||x||x|
The iOS Fertilizer has currently no support for cross-compilation
due to XCode's gcc limitations. You can still create an own WebView
iOS App and use the
html platform adapter.
This is the directly-it-works-failsafe guide of how to install the lychee.js Engine. For everything related to Bundles, Dev Ops, Security, Deployments and Virtualization - please consult the lychee.js Guide.
The Net Installer automatically installs the lychee.js Engine
on any UNIX-compatible machine (arm, x86 or amd64). The only
requirements beforehand are working
- OSX requires brew installed beforehand.
- BSD requires
# Install lychee.js Engine into /opt/lycheejs sudo bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://lychee.js.org/install.sh)";
lycheejs-harvester integrates all projects with the
Software Bots. Start the
development profile and open
http://localhost:8080 in your Blink-based Browser.
cd /opt/lycheejs; # Bootup lychee.js Harvester lycheejs-harvester start development;
The lychee.js Guide tries to help developers to get started as easy as possible. Please let us know if we can improve anything in these documents by opening up an Issue.
lychee.js is (c) 2012-2016 Artificial-Engineering and released under MIT / Expat license. The projects and demos are licensed under CC0 (public domain) license. The runtimes are owned and copyrighted by their respective owners and may be shipped under a different license.
For further details take a look at the LICENSE.txt file.