Keypirinha Plugin: Currency
This is Currency, a currency converter plugin for the Keypirinha launcher.
Currency.keypirinha-package file is installed,
move it to the
InstalledPackage folder located at:
Keypirinha\portable\Profile\InstalledPackagesin Portable mode
%APPDATA%\Keypirinha\InstalledPackagesin Installed mode (the final path would look like
Convert Currency item is inserted into the catalog.
Select this item to enter conversion mode.
For the most basic usage, simply enter the amount to convert, the source currency and the destination currency, such as
5 USD in EUR.
You can perform mathematical operations for the source amount, such as
10*(2+1) usd in EUR, and you can even perform some math on the resulting amount
5 usd in EUR / 2.
Furthermore, you can add (or subtract) multiple currencies together, such as
5 USD + 2 GBP in EUR.
You can also convert into multiple destination currencies, such as
5 USD in EUR, GBP, and each conversion will be displayed as a separate result.
If you omit the name of a currency, such as in
5 USD or
5 in USD, the plugin will use the default currencies specified in the configuration file.
You can also change what words and symbols are used between multiple destination currencies and between the source and destination.
By default, the plugin operates only on ISO currency codes (and a few others).
However, there is support for aliases, which are alternative names for currencies.
In the configuration file, the user can specify as many aliases as they desire for any currency (for instance,
dollars for USD).
Aliases, just like regular currency codes, are case-insensitive (i.e.
eur are all treated the same).
The available mathematical operations are addition (
+), subtraction (
-), multiplication (
*), division (
/) and exponentiation (
You can also use parentheses and the negative operator (
-(3 + 4) * 4, for example).
For those familiar with BNF grammars and regex, below is grammar accepted by the parser (
prog is the top-level expression):
prog := sources (to_key? destinations)? extra? to_key := 'to' | 'in' | ':' destinations := cur_code sep destinations | cur_code sep := ',' | '&' | 'and' cur_code := ([^0-9\s+-/*^()]+) # excluding any words that are used as 'sep' or 'to_key' extra := ('+' | '-' | '*' | '/' | '**' | '^' ) expr sources := source ('+' | '-') sources | source source := '(' source ')' | cur_code expr | expr (cur_code?) expr := add_expr add_expr := mult_expr | add_expr ('+' | '-') mult_expr mult_expr := exp_expr | mult_expr ('*' | '/') exp_expr exp_expr := unary_expr | exp_expr ('^' | '**') unary_expr unary_expr := operand | ('-' | '+') unary_expr operand := number | '(' expr ')' number := (0|[1-9][0-9]*)([.,][0-9]+)?([eE][+-]?[0-9]+)?
- Improved grammar for more intuitive use
- Bug fixes
- Improved options to copy results to clipboard
- Improved parser. More flexible, and now you can specify your own separators in the config file
- Math! Add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers to obtain the source amount for a currency (also supports parentheses and exponents)
- Multiple source currencies. Add or subtract amounts in different currencies to obtain a final result
- An icon
- Support for aliases. The user can create aliases ('nicknames') for any valid currency in the config file
- Added a layer between clients and OpenExchangeRates to mitigate API usage
- Changed API from Yahoo Finance to OpenExchangeRates
- Saves exchange information locally, updating automatically or manually
- Allow converting currencies directly in the search
- Allow decimal amounts to be inserted (using either a comma or a period)
- Added copy actions
- Added configuration for default currencies
- Multiple source and destination currencies can be specified
- Initial Release
This package is distributed under the terms of the MIT license.
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug.
- Fork this repository on GitHub to start making your changes to the dev branch.
- Send a pull request.
- Add yourself to the Contributors section below (or create it if needed)!