NOTICE! This repository is deprecated
Banano's official discord tip bot can now be found here:
BananoBot++ (a BANANO currency Tip Bot for Discord)
BananoBot++ is an open source, free to use banano bot for discord.
A few of the features included in this bot:
- standard tipping (
- tipping all actively contributing users (
- giveaways+raffles from individual sponsors or auto-started by the bot when pool reaches certain amount (
- individual statistics (
- bot-wide statistics (
- individual favorites list (
- Administration commands for specific users or roles (see
- Interactive help for user friendly-ness
And much more than listed here probably
BananoBot++ is designed so that every tip is a real transaction on the BANANO network.
- Transactions are queued and processed synchronously in a worker thread, while bot activity is handled in a main thread.
- User data, transactions, and all other persisted data is stored using the Peewee ORM with Sqlite
- Operates with a single BANANO wallet, with 1 account per user
Recommend using with a GPU/OpenCL configured node (or work peer) on busier discord servers due to POW calculation.
sudo apt install python3 python3-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev git
(Optional - to run with pm2)
sudo apt install npm nodejs sudo npm install -g pm2
Note: python 3.6+ is required. On older distributions you may need to source a third party package.
cd ~ git clone https://github.com/BananoCoin/Banano-Discord-TipBot.git bananotipbot
Set up BANANO Node
You need rpc_enable and enable_control set to 'true' in the config.json
Create wallet for tip bot
docker <container_id> exec bananode --wallet_create
This will output your wallet ID (NOT the seed), copy this as you will need it for later
Create discord bot and get client ID and token (also save both of these for the next step)
Guide written by somebody else https://github.com/reactiflux/discord-irc/wiki/Creating-a-discord-bot-&-getting-a-token
cd bananotipbot cp settings.py.example settings.py
Then open settings.py with any text editor and add your bot's client ID, token, and the wallet ID from earlier
Virtualenv + python requirements
virtualenv -p python3.6 venv source venv/bin/activate pip install -r requirements.txt
Running with PM2
pm2 start bot.py --interpreter=~/bananotipbot/venv/bin/python pm2 save
or in background:
nohup venv/bin/python bot.py &
There exists a script in scripts/cron called
bananotipbotbackup. Highly recommend you use this or something better to backup the tip bot database.
Simply toss the script in cron.hourly, crontab, cron.daily, whatever - and update the backup path and database path.
Use Banano TipBot at your own risk. Any losses incurred using tipbot cannot be refunded.