BooneJS (http://boonejs.tumblr.com) Use and modify freely, attribution appreciated. Thanks!
This script works with the Day One command line utility that can be downloaded from http://dayoneapp.com/tools/. The input to this script is the exported text file from OhLife.com (https://ohlife.com/export). Clicking the "Export" button will save a .txt file to ~/Downloads/ohlife_YYYYMMDD.txt.
Script idea was born after reading http://brettterpstra.com/logging-with-day-one-geek-style/
Please backup your Day One archive before you attempt to use this script. Although it works for me, I don't guarantee anything!
- Install Day One CLI from the page Tools | Day One
- Save this file someplace (~/Downloads, perhaps?)
- Open a Terminal in OS X (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)
- chmod +x ~/Downloads/ohlife2dayone.pl
- cat ~/Downloads/ohlife_YYYYMMDD.txt | ~/Downloads/ohlife2dayone.pl