Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
Hints and pseudo code for Exercise 1.10.1 (data from Marra and DeWoody, 2014)
- To change the directory, you can use the commands explained at page 20.
- To find the size of a file you can use a modifier of the command
- To copy a file, see page 22.
- Is there a
grep option that counts the number of occurrences?
- To replace single characters, you can use the command
tr with its options and modifiers.
- You can use
grep to match any line containing the word
isogroup; then use
cut to isolate the part detailing the isogroup; finally, you want to remove the duplicates (e.g., page 32) and count.
- Again, you can use a combination of
cut to extract the contig names and read counts; the command
sort allows you to choose the delimiter as well as ordering numeric values.