This marks the last v1.X new feature release. The API is changing significantly with upcoming v2.0 to support streaming and it will be too difficult to support the older API style with new features.
Changelog for this release:
- Added a BYTES input and output format that is a raw byte string
- Fixed broken AMD support (thanks drewcovi!)
- Fixed broken UTF-8 parsing on non-BMP Unicode characters
- Changed array references to remove warnings on Icedove
- Replaced "UTF16" encoding with "UTF16BE" (big endian) and "UTF16LE" (little endian) to remove confusion