The Nextflow workbench is a set of languages developed with the Jetbrains MPS Language Workbench that make it easier to write data analysis workflows with Nextflow.
The Nextflow Workbench has several features that complement the Nextflow middleware:
- It enables the reuse and composition of Nextflow processes across workflows.
- It provides a custom typesystem that detects incompatible type assignments and reports them directly in the editor.
- It provides seamless language composition as an effective extension and customization mechanism.
- It provides a WYSIWYG editor to write analysis workflows meant to be deployed in docker containers (this feature was introduced in feature 1.2).
- It provides a WYSIWYG editor to create docker images (since 1.2) and to declare which set of popular bioinformatics tools and genome indices should be pre-installed in each image (this feature will be introduced in release 1.3).
See http://campagnelab.org/software/nextflow-workbench/ for details about this project.