Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- Fix security issue in certificate pinning alert dialog, where any valid certificate would show as valid #1071 (thanks @mimi89999!)
- Fix crash when rapidly scrolling through chat history #817 #977 #1038
- Fix issue where chat history is temporarily blank after sending a message #950
- Swift 4.2 / Xcode 10.1
- Updated 3rd party dependencies
- Other minor bug fixes
- Attempting to fix source of crash regression in Swift 4.1.2 runtime (reabstraction thunk helper swift_getObjectType crash).
- Other crash fixes
- Fix bug causing duplicate MAM messages
- No longer expires the last remaining OMEMO key after it hasn't been seen for > 30 days
- Minor bug fixes
- Message Archive Management (XEP-0313) - one-to-one and group chat history is now synchronized between multiple devices, if supported by your server.
- Group Chat Bookmarks (XEP-0048) - Group chats are now bookmarked on your server to allow persistence between devices / installs.
- OMEMO Group Chat Encryption - This is not yet recommended for general use and is for advanced users only. Must be globally enabled in Advanced Settings as well as individually for each group chat.
- Improvements to general group chat user experience
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Fix some crashes and odd behavior in the chat view bubbles
- Fix crash when media URL cannot be parsed
- Fix crash when room messages are orphaned
- Add toggle to allow database passphrase keychain entry to be persisted in encrypted iTunes backups to allow for better experience when restoring a backup to a new device
- Connections are more likely to be cleanly disconnected during background fetches
- Match room occupants to contacts if possible
- Remove UserVoice
- Update a few dependencies
- Show full version number at bottom of Settings
- Move 3rd party library license and version information to Settings bundle
- Migrate to Swift 4
- iPhone X support
- Now requires iOS 9 or higher
- Improved group chat reliability
- Media sharing in group chats (unencrypted only)
- Redesigned group participants view
- Improvements to OMEMO session initiation. Thanks @N-Pex! #809
- Improve performance of chat view. Thanks @stigger! #817 #823
- Group chat: Use displayName for nickname instead of JID #818
- Fix UnsentGroupMessagesViewName crash #645
- Attempt to fix extraneous push registration dialogs
- Do not discard messages with identical stanza ids #813
- Show better warning when certificate changes #825 #777
- Bug fixes and refactoring
- Tor 0.3.0.11
What's new in 4.1.0
- XEP-0363: HTTP Upload support for much faster and reliable media messaging. 
- XEP-0352: Client State Indication. Helps reduce network usage when running in the background.
- End-to-end encryption for file transfers in OMEMO or OTR sessions .
- Inline media previews for incoming URLs. (Optional)
- Bug fixes and refactoring.
- Tor 0.3.0.9
- Your server administrator must enable support for XEP-0363. See mod_http_upload for Prosody  and ejabberd  for more details.
- Encrypted file transfer is required in OMEMO/OTR, but has limited compatibility for receiving clients. Users on the other end will receive
- Inline media previews are enabled by default, but can be disabled on a per-account basis. This feature should be disabled if you have extreme privacy concerns or do not trust your contacts. This setting is always disabled for Tor accounts.