Table of Contents
This mental health database is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons BY license, and interrelates information about:
- Mental states
- Mental health disorders
- Mental health resources
- Mental health assessments
- Sensors and measures
1. Create an adaptive online mental health assessment tool
- Create a repository of thousands of mental health questions from established questionnaires in our database (DONE).
- Optionally derive a set of questions from signs and symptoms.
- Rank the most informative questions related to mental health with respect to a representative sample population, such as our Healthy Brain Network participants.
- Much as you can build your own personality profile using an online questionnaire, build an adaptive questionnaire to generate a personalized mental health profile.
- As people fill out the adaptive questionnaire (patients, study participants, or online users), the corresponding norms could be updated, and dynamically generated to represent a population similar to future respondents.
2. Build an online mental health recommendation resource
A visitor to an online resource could take an adaptive questionnaire (#1) and be directed to relevant content, specialists, referral programs, community initiatives, support groups, links, publications, or technologies.
3. Provide an online mental health researcher resource
This use case is related to #2 above, but for researchers looking for relevant publications, collaborators, questionnaires, or technologies for their research. Ideally, they could perform a query to see if there are any publications relating a disorder to the use of a technology, or to find people who are using a technology for probing a given symptom, etc.
4. Discover new classifications of disorders and make predictions
Match the pattern of responses to an adaptive questionnaire against the patterns of responses of thousands of others to make predictions about outcomes for different therapies, including use of different technologies.
5. Relate wearable device or app data to questionnaires or symptoms
A long term goal is to examine relationships between questionnaire responses and behavioral and physiological data collected from sensors or cognitive tasks.
- Integrate MHDB with MindLogger, our data collection / survey platform
- Find better ways to rank/rate technologies or projects