SignalsAndGateways using CoRE4INET, INET and FiCo4OMNeT to enable a heterogeneous network simulation in the OMNEST/OMNeT++ simulation system. It includes gateway components to enable communication between Ethernet and bus technologies.
- Switch to OMNeT++ 5.5.1 and INET 3.6.6
At the current state it is possible to exchange data between CAN, Ethernet, TTEthernet and IEEE 802.1Q. A gateway provides the possibility to select or implement different strategies how incoming frames should be handled. For example it is possible to transmit several CAN-frames within a single Ethernet-frame while important messages are transmitted alone to provide a fast transmission.
- Download OMNeT++ 5.5.1
- Install OMNeT++
- Get INET framework 3.6.6
- Install CoRE plugins (optional)
- OMNEST/OMNeT++ -> Help -> Install New Software...
- Check [Abstract Network Description Language] | [CoRE Simulation Model Installer] | [Gantt Chart Timing Analyzer]
- Get CoRE frameworks (GitHub or CoRE Simulation Model Installer)
- GitHub: Clone frameworks and import it in OMNEST/OMNeT++
- CoRE Simulation Model Installer: OMNEST/OMNeT++ -> Help -> Install CoRE Simulation Models...
- Working with the framework
- See the documentation in doc/
- Start the examples in the framework
The build state of the master branch is monitored:
|Ubuntu 18.04||Windows 10|
Please see INSTALL
Please see doc/
The SignalsAndGateways model is under continuous development: new parts are added, bugs are corrected, and so on. We cannot assert that the implementation will work fully according to the specifications. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE YOURSELF TO MAKE SURE THAT THE MODELS YOU USE IN YOUR SIMULATIONS WORK CORRECTLY, AND YOU'RE GETTING VALID RESULTS.