Welcome to CoolProp
CoolProp is a thermophysical property database and wrappers for a selection of programming environments. It offers similar functionality to REFPROP, but CoolProp is open-source and free. It was originally developed by Ian Bell, at the time a post-doc at the University of Liege, in Liege, Belgium.
- CoolProp has flexible licensing terms: Commercial - ok! Academic? - ok!
- For Python, get the latest release via
pip install coolprop
- ... other binaries are available from SourceForge
- There is also a bleeding edge nightly build of the development version .
- The documentation is available for the latest release and the development version
- For any kind of question regarding CoolProp and its usage, you can ask the CoolProp user group
- ... you might also find answers in our FAQ
- If you found a bug or have an issue that requires the developers to become active, please file an issue in our issue tracker
- Contributions to this project are welcomed and encouraged! If you wish to contribute bug fixes, patches, or new features, wrappers, or material properties, please submit a Pull Request with your code.
- If you are new to Git and Github, please see the CoolProp Wiki for guidance on becoming a contributor to the project.
- Accelerate development of things you really need implemented by posting at Bountysource
- Check Travis CI for build failures and have a look at the coverity stats