A Docker container to set up a proxy of Wikipedia using Caddy Server. Formerly known as wikimirror.
This is a work in progress, the goal is to have a Docker container and a set of scripts so that it is super easy (and fast!) to deploy a Wikipedia proxy. Ideally, you should only need a domain and a server with Docker.
We are using Caddy with these additional plugins:
This should work like this:
- Set up a DNS record for your domain/subdomain;
- Deploy wikiproxy on a server that supports Docker;
- Enjoy your new proxy of Wikipedia.
- when visiting from mobile, the user gets redirected to
<lang>.m.wikipedia.orgregardless of the originating doman, the right thing to do would be redirect users to
wikilinks point to the respective domain at wikipedia.org, this issue is tracked on Phabricator as Core should be aware of the domain it is running on and render mobile domains where necessary(wikilinks seems correct, even if the bug is still valid).
- when caching is enabled, memory usage crawls up until the server is out-of-memory, see caddy-cache issue #42.
This project is released under the MIT license.