Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 6.5.7 and TAO 2.5.7 which is available from the usual download location under the heading "Latest Micro Release".
The Source Code zip/tar.gz provided by github do not contain the necessary MPC package, please do not download these!
Changes to ACE
- Fixed compile problem with glibc 2.30 and newer
- gnuace makefiles: Updated handling of generated files and use requires/avoids to make postbuild steps conditional
- Removed references to the
ACE_LACKS_MONOTONIC_TIMEpreprocessor macro because it was equivalent to
- Exposed support status of monotonic times features using preprocessor macros. See Testing for Monotonic Time Support for details.
- Added support for ARM and ARM64 stack traces with Microsoft Visual C++.
- The "optional argument for the receive address in ACE_SOCK_Dgram::recv" feature from ACE-6.5.5 is now supported on Windows. This includes enhanced support for sendmsg/recvmsg on Windows.
Changes to TAO
- Fixed deprecated-copy warnings in TAO_IDL generated code
- The TAO IDL Frontend now supports annotations on interfaces, operations, and attributes. (#967)
idl_global->evalin the TAO IDL Frontend will now produce error and warning messages. This can be silenced by passing
trueas a second argument. (#967)
- Expanded documentation on what can be annotated and roughly how to extend annotation support in
TAO_IDL/docs/annotations.md. Also made various corrections. (#967)
- Fixed invalid free in the TAO IDL Frontend while parsing an IDL wstring literal. (#984)