Diplo Dictionary Editor for Umbraco
This is a custom section for Dictionary values in Umbraco CMS. It allows easy editing of all dictionary items and also allows the dictionary to be exported and imported in CSV format.
Note: It only enables editing of dictionary items and doesn't allow new dictionary items to be created.
- Created as a custom section so you can grant granular access to it - so only Editors interested in translation can access it, for instance
- Allows you edit all Dictionary items within a single page using a quick and intuitive interface (powered by AngularJS)
- Allows sorting the dictionary so that it is either nested or alphabetic
- Allows filtering by language so you can limit editing to a particular language
- Has a quick, inline search function to quickly locate keys
- Works with nested dictionary values to any depth
- Only updates values that have changed when saving
- Only allows values to be changed - prevents editors from adding new values
- Allows exporting the entire dictionary (or just one selected language) to a CSV file for off-line editing
- Allows importing a CSV file back
- For Umbraco 7.7 and up
For more info and screenshots please seemy blog post.
Important Installation Instructions - Please Read
This package creates a new custom section in Umbraco called 'Dictionary Editor' when installed.
As this is a new section then by default no users will have been given permission to view it. After installation the package attempts to grant permission to members of the "Admin" group (you may need to log in and out to see this).
However, for other users to see this new section you must explicitly grant them permission. This gives greater control over who can edit the Dictionary, but requires some post installation set-up. So don't be surprised after installation if you don't see the new section :)
To grant permissions in Umbraco 7.7 and up please do this:
Go to the Users section in Umbraco and then select Groups from the top-right menu
In groups create a new group and call it something like 'Dictionary Editor'
Then, in the Assign access area of the group, go to Sections and click 'Add' and select 'Dictionary Editor' from the list
Finally, in the Users tab select which users you wish to add to this new group
Note: You will (probably) need to log out and back in again from permissions to be applied. Once you have done so you should see the new section (with the globe icon) at the bottom of the Umbraco sections.
You can download from NuGet at https://www.nuget.org/packages/Diplo.DictionaryEditor/
See my blog post for more info and some nice screenshots!
If you have any issues or feature requests then please post them on GitHub