A WordPress plugin to hide one administrator account to other users.
HideMeIn is a WordPress Plugin that hides you from other users’ eyes. Once installed and activated no one will see you in administrators’ dashboard, neither in users administration page.
What it does
- It hides you! Only you will see your name in administrator’s pages.
- It hides itself, only you will see that this plugin is running.
What it does not
- It doesn’t grant you access to a WordPress installation if you are not authorized.
This plugins is written following WordPress Codex guidelines, so it is virtually compatible with any other existing plugin. If you are experiencing problems with this plugin please tell me your theme name and list all plugins you are using, I’ll do my best to fix any incompatibility issues.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Install plugin’s content in your /wp-content/plugins/ directory or use WordPress’ interface
- Log-in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add new...
- Upload .zip file.
- Activate this plugin from WordPress plugins page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What this plugin is exactly intended for?
- I made this piece of script to keep clean WordPress’ dashboard in a project where the site owner really needed me to keep an Administrator account but didn’t want to see me in user’s lists.
Will I really be invisible to anyone?
- You will be invisible to anyone in dashboard, your account will still be visible in database’s tables, and your name could be visible as Author for your own contents. Furthermore plugin’s files will be visible in your filesystem.
Can i see it in action?
- This plugins needs Administrator capabilities to work, because of this I’m not able to set up a demo for you at the moment.