A WordPress plugin to see content preview in several contexts.
Sometimes a single page preview is not enough, with this plugin you’ll be able to check how you contents look like in every context, including home page, archives, widgets, rss feeds and so on... without interfering with other users’ contents.
What it does
With this plugin every contributor will be able to check how his contents look like in every context. it works with posts, pages and custom post types as well, and every contributor may enable his own previews (i.e. two or more users may create and navigate their own contents without interfering one another).
This plugins is written following WordPress Codex guidelines, so it is virtually compatible with any other existing plugin. If you are experiencing problems with this plugin please tell me your theme name and list all plugins you are using, I’ll do my best to fix any incompatibility issues.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Installation and use
- Upload “preview-everywhere” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin from the “Plugins” page in WordPress.
- While editing a content click on the green “Preview” button to save content as “visible to your account”.
- A new browser window will show the single page preview.
- Browsing other pages you will see your content everywhere, i.e. in archives, in widgets, in feed, etcetera.
- Every user with writing capabilities can preview several content simultaneously.
- Administrators will always know which users are previewing contents directly in content list (/wp-admin/edit.php).