Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Upgrade to Agent 5.x
- What is Datadog Agent 5.0.0?
- What issues will it solve?
- What will break?
- How to install or update automatically?
- How to install or update with Chef?
- How to install or update from source?
- How to install or update step by step?
What is Datadog Agent 5.0.0?
Datadog Agent 5.0.0 is the latest major version of the Datadog Agent. Its main improvement being that it will be self-contained. All dependencies required by the Agent to run will be part of the package.
What issues will it solve?
- Conflicts with dependencies (Tornado, Supervisor, Check dependencies: MysqlDB, Postgres....)
- On Centos 5, there is no forwarder which can create some issues (such as no proxy support for Dogstatsd). This will be solved
- Full support of Fedora Core
- Up-to-date dependencies
What will break?
MySQL integration: If you see this error:
OperationalError(2003, 'Can\'t connect to MySQL server on \'localhost\' ((1045, u"Access denied for user \'datadog\'@\'127.0.0.1\'...)the Datadog user will need to be modified from
'datadog'@'127.0.0.1'(your host IP). You can do this by running:
``` $ mysql -p mysql # UPDATE user SET Host = '127.0.0.1' WHERE User = 'datadog'; # FLUSH PRIVILEGES; ```
If you were using a custom check that needed python dependencies you will have to reinstall them using the bundled pip: *
sudo /opt/datadog-agent/embedded/bin/pip install YOUR_DEPENDENCY
Configuring checks in datadog.conf for checks.d is deprecated and won't work anymore. Please configure your checks by editing the yaml files in the conf.d directory.
See the full Changelog here: https://github.com/DataDog/dd-agent/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
How to install or update automatically?
- On Windows, download and install the new version of the package:
- On Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS/RHEL/Amazon Linux/Fedora: Run this script (make sure to replace "YOUR_API_KEY" by your actual API key):
DD_API_KEY=YOUR_API_KEY bash -c "$(curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DataDog/dd-agent/master/packaging/datadog-agent/source/install_agent.sh)"
How to install or update with Chef?
- Upgrade to the latest version of the Datadog Cookbook.
- To upgrade, you will need to force the installation of the latest version by setting the attribute [:datadog][:version] to the last version available in the repository.
How to install or update from source?
- Run this script (make sure to replace "YOUR_API_KEY" by your actual API key):
DD_API_KEY=YOUR_API_KEY sh -c "$(curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DataDog/dd-agent/master/packaging/datadog-agent/source/setup_agent.sh)"
How to install or update step by step?
- On Debian/Ubuntu (All versions/All architectures):
- Edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/datadog.list to include the following:
deb http://apt.datadoghq.com/ stable main
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install datadog-agent
- Edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/datadog.list to include the following: *
- On RHEL/CentOS
If you are running RHEL 5/Centos 5, follow these extra steps:
Uninstall datadog-agent-base: *
sudo yum remove datadog-agent-base
Edit /etc/dd-agent/datadog.conf and comment out the following line:
# dogstatsd_target: https://app.datadoghq.com/
If you are running on an i386/i686 architecture, edit your /etc/yum.repos.d/datadog.repo to include the following:
[datadog] name = Datadog, Inc. baseurl = http://yum.datadoghq.com/rpm/i386/ enabled=1 gpgcheck=0
If you are running an x86_64/amd64 architecture edit your /etc/yum.repos.d/datadog.repo to include the following:
[datadog] name = Datadog, Inc. baseurl = http://yum.datadoghq.com/rpm/x86_64/ enabled=1 gpgcheck=0
Update/Install the Agent: *
sudo yum install datadog-agent
If you have any questions/remarks please ping us: