Windows 10 Developer Machine Setup
This is the script for Edi Wang to setup a new dev box. You can modify the scripts to fit your own requirements.
- A clean install of Windows 10 Pro v1903 en-us.
- If you are in China: a stable "Internet" connection.
This script has not been tested on other version of Windows, please be careful if you are using it on other Windows versions.
How to Use
Download latest script here: https://go.edi.wang/aka/envsetup
Import "Add_PS1_Run_as_administrator.reg" to your registry to enable context menu on the powershell files to run as Administrator.
Run Install.ps1 as Administrator
- Set a New Computer Name
- Disable Sleep on AC Power
- Add 'This PC' Desktop Icon (need refresh desktop)
- Remove "Microsoft Edge" desktop shortcut icon
- Enable Developer Mode (for UWP Development)
- Enable Remote Desktop
- Install IIS
- ASP.NET 4.8
- Dynamic and Static Compression
- Basic Authentication
- Windows Authentication
- Server Side Includes
- Install Chocolate for Windows
- Google Chrome
- Pot Player
- Microsoft Teams
- Visual Studio Code
- GitHub for Windows
- Beyond Compare
- Remove a few pre-installed UWP applications
- Bing News
- Feedback Hub
- Your Phone
- My Office