We're pleased to announce 0.7.3, named by @trueptolemy
Note: new dependency
gettext is now required when building from source.
Highlights for Users
lightningdnow supports different SQL backends. This release includes a PostgresSQL driver, in addition to the default sqlite3 driver.
- Ability to supply a Bitcoin address to
closea channel to. Note that if you've set an upfront-shutdown script, it'll need to be the same script.
- New plugin notifications:
- Encryption of the BIP32 master seed is now available.
- UTXO selection is provided for
txprepare, which allows you to finely control which lightningd wallet UTXOs are spent or used.
- Our Bolt11 tools now parse feature bits
- Adds the ability to exclude nodes from route consideration in
Please note that the deprecated RPC call
listpayments has been removed; you want
Highlights for the Network
- Elements support.
lightningdcan now be made to support L-BTC.
- c-lightning nodes now announce features in
- Further on the feature bits front, we've consolidated them -- all bits are now advertised in both global + local feature fields
- Support for gossip_queries_ex, for finer grained gossip control
- Tighter gossip bandwidth usage. We now take advantage of gossip queries and peer rotation to narrow the number of peers that we gossip with and the amount of gossip we're requesting.
- In further gossip news, we now no longer ask for
More details can be found in https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/v0.7.3/CHANGELOG.md
Thanks to everyone for their contributions and bug reports; please keep them coming!
Since 0.7.2.1 we've had 522 commits from 18 different authors, with 5 first-time contributors!
Lisa, Rusty, Christian, and ZmnSCPxj.