WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor
Allows WhatsApp users to extract their cipher key and databases on non-rooted Android devices.
v4.0 - Fixed issues with Android API 14-17 (4.0-4.2 Jelly Bean).
v4.1 - Added support for Android API 23 (6.0-6.0.1 Marshmallow).
v4.2 - Added support for specifying adb backup passwords.
v4.3 - Added PowerShell version as optional alternative to bat version.
v4.4 - Changed primary mirror for legacy apk.
v4.5 - Fixed issue pushing cipher key to emulated storage.
v4.6 - Updated primary mirror for legacy apk (again).
v4.7 - Added new sanity checks and support for Android API 24 (7.0 Nougat).
- O/S: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X or Linux
- Java - If not installed: https://www.java.com/en/download/
- ADB (Android Debug Bridge) Drivers
- USB Debugging must be enabled on the target device. Settings -> Developer Options -> (Debugging) USB debugging
If you cannot find Developer Options then please go to: Settings -> About phone/device and tap the Build number
multiple times until you're finally declared a developer.
- Android device with Android 4.0 or higher. I.E. Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat.
- Extract "WhatsApp-Key-DB-Extractor-master.zip" maintaining the directory structure.
- Click on "WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.bat" (Windows) or "WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.sh" (Mac OS X / Linux).
- Connect your device via USB, unlock your screen and wait for "Full backup" to appear.
- Enter your backup password or leave blank (if none set) and tap on "Back up my data".
- Confirm backup password in your command console and then check your "extracted" folder.
- If you have never used USB Debugging before, you may also need to verify the fingerprint.
- If you have set a default backup password in your Android settings, then this MUST be the
backup password that you PROVIDE when prompted to backup your data. Else it WILL fail!
- Linux and Mac OS X users may need to set the script permissions as executable. Depending on the
adb permissions, you may also need to "sudo ./WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.sh" from your command console.
- If you're having issues with "WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.bat" then right click "WhatsAppKeyDBExtract.ps1"
and select "Run with PowerShell". You may have to enter "y" at first run for execution policy.
- If you get an error saying "AES encryption not allowed" then you need to update your Oracle Java
Cryptography Extension (JCE) to Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files.
THANKS: dragomerlin for Android Backup Extractor and Abinash Bishoyi for being cool.