This skeleton is part of the Aurelia platform. It sets up a standard navigation-style app using gulp to build your ES6 code with the Babel compiler. Karma/Protractor/Jasmine testing is also configured.
Running The App
To run the app, follow these steps.
- Ensure that NodeJS is installed. This provides the platform on which the build tooling runs.
- From the project folder, execute the following command:
- Ensure that Gulp is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g gulp
- Ensure that jspm is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g jspm
Note: jspm queries GitHub to install semver packages, but GitHub has a rate limit on anonymous API requests. It is advised that you configure jspm with your GitHub credentials in order to avoid problems. You can do this by executing
jspm endpoint config githuband following the prompts.
- Install the client-side dependencies with jspm:
jspm install -y
Note: Windows users, if you experience an error of "unknown command unzip" you can solve this problem by doing
npm install -g unzipand then re-running
- To run the app, execute the following command:
- Browse to http://localhost:9000 to see the app. You can make changes in the code found under
srcand the browser should auto-refresh itself as you save files.
Note: At present there is a bug in the HTMLImports polyfill which only occurs on IE. We have submitted a pull request to the team with the fix. In the mean time, if you want to test on IE, you can work around the issue by explicitly adding a script tag before you load system.js. The script tag should look something like this (be sure to confirm the version number):
Running The Unit Tests
To run the unit tests, first ensure that you have followed the steps above in order to install all dependencies and successfully build the library. Once you have done that, proceed with these additional steps:
- Ensure that the Karma CLI is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g karma-cli
- Install Aurelia libs for test visibility:
jspm install aurelia-framework jspm install aurelia-http-client jspm install aurelia-router
- You can now run the tests with this command:
Running The E2E Tests
Integration tests are performed with Protractor.
- Place your E2E-Tests into the folder
- Install the necessary webdriver
Configure the path to the webdriver by opening the file
protractor.conf.jsand adjusting the
seleniumServerJarproperty. Typically its only needed to adjust the version number.
Run the E2E-Tests