Sapelli is a mobile data collection and sharing platform designed with a specific focus on non-literate and illiterate users with little or no prior ICT experience.
It supports the creation of surveys (called "projects"), composed of 1 or more forms. Forms can be entirely text-free, using the concept of pictorial decision trees, or have a more conventional appearance consisting of standard UI widgets. Sapelli supports data exchange using a highly efficient protocol that can work across SMS and HTTP.
Currently the core Sapelli team consists of:
- Dr Matthias Stevens, UCL/iMinds: lead architect/developer
- Michalis Vitos, UCL: developer
- Julia Altenbuchner, UCL: developer
- Gillian Conquest, UCL: anthropologist, field tester
- Carolina Comandulli, UCL: anthropologist, field tester
- Péricles Luiz Picanço Junior, UFPR/UCL: cartographer, translator
- Dr Jerome Lewis, UCL: co-director of UCL ExCiteS
- Prof Muki Haklay, UCL: co-director of UCL ExCiteS
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.