Script for a numeric art installation written in python by Exomène (email@example.com)
This work consists of the following files:
- Glitch-O-matiC0.py by Exomène which contains the executable part of the Glitch-O-matiC
- asciiArt.py by Exomène which contains some ascii Art texts for console display
- 39013__the-semen-incident__clean-modem-beep.wav by the-semen-incident licensed under the Creative Commons 0 License (http://www.freesound.org/people/the_semen_incident/sounds/39013/)
- 166500__thompsonman__camera-shutter.wav by ThompsonMan licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
The Glitch-O-matiC requires the following external programs or libraries:
- gphoto: http://www.gphoto.org/ that fires a digital camera from the computer
- imagemagick: http://www.imagemagick.org/ that enhances the images
- The Eye Of Gnome: http://projects.gnome.org/eog/ that displays the images (but could be replaced by the "display" command from imagemagick if EOG is not available on your platform)
The Glitch-O-matiC is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.
This work runs on Ubuntu 12.04 with python 2.7 and has not been tested on other platforms, any feedback is welcome.