Vagrant Ansible for CakePHP
Vagrant Ansible creates a Vagrant installation for CakePHP using Ansible with the following features:
- Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr (Ubuntu Server 64-bit 14.04 cloud image)
- Ningx 1.4.6
- PHP 5.5
- Percona 5.5 (MySQL Drop-in Replacement)
- Postgres 9.3
- Redis 2.8
- Memcached 1.4
- Git 1.9
- phpMyAdmin 4.0.10
- VirtualBox. Tested on 4.3.x, but 4.2.x should also work.
- Vagrant. Tested on 1.6.3
- Vagrant hostupdater.
- Ansible. Tested on 1.7 Requires at least 1.6!
Run the commands below:
git clone https://github.com/FriendsOfCake/vagrant-ansible.git --recurse-submodules cd vagrant-ansible vagrant up
Choose the CakePHP version you want to deploy (2 or 3)
Note that this Vagrant machine uses NFS mounts as it significantly improves the speed of the application. You may be asked for the root password while trying to setup shared mounts.
The setup will take some time to finish. Sit back and enjoy!
When the setup is done browse to
http://app.dev/in your browser, and you should have a default CakePHP 2.x or 3.x welcome page!
Installation for Multiple Applications
To run Vagrant Ansible for multiple applications a few configurations have to be done.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:FriendsOfCake/vagrant-ansible.git --recurse-submodules cd vagrant-ansible
After configured, run it with:
Custom Domain Name
Edit your Vagrantfile to have the following line:
config.hostsupdater.aliases = [ "app.dev", "phpmyadmin.app.dev", "whatever.dev", "anotherapp.dev" ]
Configure Synced Folders
Vagrantfile in your editor of choice.
Add a new synced_folder for each application, like so:
config.vm.synced_folder "/path/on/local", "/path/on/vagrant", :nfs => true
Configure Nginx virtual hosts
ansible/group_vars/development in your editor of choise.
Add a new
server block for each application, change
$appName with your application name:
- server: file_name: $appName listen: 80 server_name: $appName.dev root: /path/to/app/webroot access_log: /var/log/nginx/$appName-access.log error_log: /var/log/nginx/$appName-error.log index: index.php location1: name: / try_files: "$uri $uri/ /index.php?$uri&$args" expires: max access_log: "off" location2: name: "~ \\.php$" fastcgi_pass: "unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock" include: fastcgi_params # Redirect www.$appName.dev to $appName.dev - server: file_name: www.$appName listen: 80 server_name: www.$appName.dev rewrite: "^ http://$appName.dev$uri permanent"
This project was totally inspired from FriendsOfCake/vagrant-chef.
Many thanks to josegonzalez!
Copyright (c) 2014 Renan Gonçalves
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE