Tracer finds outdated running applications in your system
Tracer determines which applications use outdated files and prints them. For special kind of applications such as services or daemons, it suggests a standard command to restart it. Detecting whether file is outdated or not is based on a simple idea. If application has loaded in memory any version of a file which is provided by any package updated since system was booted up, tracer consider this application as outdated.
|License:||GNU GPL v2.0|
- Find outdated running applications
- Show application informations and recommend a way how to restart it
- Integration with DNF
- Specify a list of applications what should it look for (by pipe or arguments)
- List applications and interactively show informations
Please see User Guide
- Supported linux distribution - There are currently supported Fedora, Mageia, Gentoo, Debian, Arch and all of their derivatives.
- Python interpreter (tracer is compatible with both 2.7 and 3.x)
- Python psutil module. Available here and here.
- Python beautifulsoup module. Available here and here
- Python dbus module. Available here and here
Please report any bugs or feature requests to issues on this repository. Pull requests are also welcome, but please visit Developer Guide first. If you rather want a talk or something, you can find me on
@freenode or you can mail me.