We're so glad you're thinking about contributing to Data.gov!
Before contributing to this extension, we encourage you to read our CONTRIBUTING guide (you are here), our LICENSE, and our README, all of which should be in this repository. If you have any questions, you can email the Data.gov team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to Contribute
The Data.gov team manages all project wide Data.gov updates, bugs, and feature additions via the public GSA Data.gov issue tracker.
Please limit submitting issues to this repository to discreet issues with this extension.
If you do not already have a GitHub account, you can sign up for GitHub here. In the spirit of open source software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project. Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by translating content to a new language
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code and documentation (no pull request is too small: fix typos, add code comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by reviewing pull requests.
- by closing issues
Submit Great Issues
- Submit project (i.e. data.gov wide) issues to the GSA Data.gov issue tracker or data.gov team is using waffle.io to manage technical issues for THIS repo. So when in doubt, submit issues in the data.gov repo.
- Before submitting a new issue for this repo, check to make sure a similar issue isn't already open. If one is, contribute to that issue thread with your feedback.
- When submitting a bug report, please try to provide as much detail as possible, i.e. a screenshot can be copied/pasted directly from memory into a github issue or gist that demonstrates the problem, the technology you are using, and any relevant links.
Ready for your Help
This project constitutes a work of the United States Government and is not subject to domestic copyright protection under 17 USC § 105. Additionally, we waive copyright and related rights in the work worldwide through the CC0 1.0 Universal public domain dedication.
All contributions to this project will be released under the CC0 dedication. By submitting a pull request, you are agreeing to comply with this waiver of copyright interest.