Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- Fixes a condition where tracking of DWM-composed frames can be lost, leading to frames being incorrectly reported as dropped.
- Initial support for Windows Mixed Reality (-include_mixed_reality) to trace events related to application-compositor synchronization and late-stage reprojection work.
- More process targeting options:
- White-list by process name (repeat -process_name argument)
- Black-list by process name (-exclude)
- -process_id and -process_name are no longer exclusive
- Ability to output separate CSV files for each captured process
- Fix issue where -terminate_proc_on_exit didn't work with -etl_file input
Note: A critical bug was introduced in this version, please use 1.2.1 (or greater).
- Support for capture and analysis on Microsoft Windows 7.
- Add a '-verbose' command line flag which adds new CSV columns:
- 'WasBatched' indicating whether the frame was submitted by the driver on a different thread than the app.
- 'DwmNotified' indicating whether the desktop compositor was notified about the frame.
- Refactor code base to make collection and analysis components available in a library.
- Added a script to prune unwanted processes from the collected CSV file.
- Fix missing error message when an error occurs during privilege escalation.
- Fix issue where DWM child window composition events were being missed.
- Fix issue #30 where all process names were reported as "?error>" on Windows versions older than Windows10
- Improved tracking of in-flight presents to fix issues caused by missed ETW events.
- Fix for recent regressions related to ETL file input (-etl_file command line argument).
- Fix for issue where latency might be off by ~1 VSync for some applications using GPU-GDI Blt model.
- Capture and process DxgKrnl_MMIOFlipMPO events (issue #24).
- Specify what hotkey to use to start/stop recording (e.g., in case the default hotkey (F11) is used in the target application).
- Added -scroll_indicator command line argument. When used, PresentMon will enable scroll lock while recording and disable it when not. Keyboard LED can be used to tell when timed recording completes if PresentMon console window isn't visible.
- Added -terminate_after_timed command line argument. When used, PresentMon will terminate after the recording timer (specified using -timed) expires.
- Minor performance improvements
- Fix issue with non-D3D presents getting dropped (issue #25)
- Move to MIT source license.
- Added some command line argument and CSV column documentation.
- Default execution (no command line arguments) is now -captureall (issue #17)
- Added -no_top command line argument to simplify console output
- Fix an issue which can occur if a runtime present stop gets dropped, or the runtime providers stop prior to kernel providers.
- Reduced tool CPU overhead when -hotkey command line argument is used (issue #19)