Our first foray into making a game using the Piston engine's stuff, and the rust programming language.
Game Design Doc (Now accepting low-brow comments & suggestions only. Puns must be level 7 or higher to be accepted.)
rustup component add rustfmt rustup component add clippy
cargo clippy && cargo run [--release]
- Download both the SDK and the Installer. Install both.
- Take OpenAL32.dll from C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- Take OpenAL32.lib from C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL 1.1 SDK\libs\Win64
- ears will make you rename this to openal.lib
- Download the Win64 installer. Install.
- Take libsndfile-1.dll from C:\Program Files\Mega-Nerd\libsndfile\bin
- Take libsndfile-1.lib from C:\Program Files\Mega-Nerd\libsndfile\lib
- ears will make you rename this to sndfile.lib
- Copy .lib and .dll files from extern into target/*/deps.
- If piston_shooty is crashing on startup with error code 3221225595, make sure you've installed both of these via their installers.