This is a simple two player game made using the pyglet game library. Two players control two ships (and two halves of the keyboard) and try to shoot each other. The first one to lose all health loses.
I made this as a start-to-finish game to demonstrate everything I have learned about gamedev using pyglet (including the game loop, resource management, collision detection, game states).
- Python is required to run the game.
- To start the game, run "Ship Showdown.py".
- Considered future enhancements as follows:
- Better key mapping for two players
- More frames for the ship graphics
- Environment dynamics (fighting around a blackhole draws both ships towards it, fighting in asteroid field damages ships)
- Powerups and shield system
- More realistic ship movement (fine tune friction, etc)
- Animated backgrounds for more involvement
- High score system
- Tournament system
- 2 game modes: "Asteroid"esque, and Linear (which is that the game has now).
- Ability to choose orientation (horizontal/vertical) while playing in Linear mode.