Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
HSA Platforms & Installation
Target versions should support AMD's HSA driver set and user-mode libraries, but have not been verified and are not officially supported. Extensive testing of the HSA software stack has been performed on the Tested Version.
|Characteristic||Target Version||Tested Version||dmidecode key|
|Operating Systems||Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) & Fedora 21 (on specified releases)||Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) & Fedora 21 (on specified releases)|
|Mother board||Any supporting Kaveri or Carrizo chipsets||ASUS A88X-PRO with FM2+ socket (KV) LCL Series (CZ)||baseboard-product-name|
|APU||KV & CZ APUs||AMD A10-7850 APU (KV) & AMD FX-8800P (CZ), both with Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics||processor-version|
|System BIOS||Latest version available*||0904 or greater (KV), 5.011 (CZ)||bios-version|
*Note that some System BIOS versions may not support HSA topology information, and will not support HSA device detection.
Use the dmidecode command with the -s option and the appropriate key to determine the targeted platform characteristic. For example 'dmidecode -s bios-version' will display the current system bios.
In addition to the above requirements, no discrete GPU can be installed in the system.
The HSA software stack supports 64 bit applications running on 64 bit versions of the targeted operating systems. The 32 bit runtime libraries are provided for experimentation, but are not supported.
Installation of the HSA software stack on a target platform consists of the following steps:
- Check the target platform's characteristics to determine if the target platform is a valid HSA platform.
- Enable IOMMU in the system BIOS settings. This can usually be found in the Advanced\ CPU Configuration > IOMMU field of the UEFI BIOS Utility.
- Install and configure the kernel supporting the Linux HSA drivers and image, available in the HSA-Drivers-Linux-AMD repository. Installation and configuration instructions can be found in the projects README. Be sure to verify driver installation by running the kfd_check_installation.sh script, available in the package.
- After rebooting the system, obtain the HSA runtime and header files from the HSA-Runtime-AMD repository. Installation and configuration instructions can be found in the projects README.
- Verify the compatibility of the HSA Runtime and the HSA drivers by running the vector-copy sample provided with the HSA Runtime.